Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Poned"


For those of you unfamiliar with MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role play gaming) terminology, to be "poned" is defined by Urban Dictionary as: Formed as a combination of other diss words such as punk'd, burned, owned, or schooled.

Which is sort of fitting for this posting. Except that in this case, I actually mean that the trip has been slightly post"poned." (WORDPLAY!)

In typical Adam fashion (no offense, darling, its just that you have a tendency to do these things), we have become inevitably delayed due to unforeseen (I did see them coming) circumstances.

Tonight, we'll be making a run to the Target, picking up some last minute items that I feel are necessary, but Davey Crockett (Adam) thinks are superfluous. Such as firestarters, chairs, and hot dog/marshmallow prongs. It's not that I'm high maintenance, it's just that I was a Girl Scout, and I know how to be prepared.

Tomorrow, we'll be leaving very, very early in the morning. We will make it half-way through Iowa. Because goddamnit, this trip is going to happen. And it will be fun. Even with my hot dog prongs.

2 comments:

  1. "Be prepared" is the Boy Scout motto. WAGGGS just stole it from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addendum to "Poned"

    Yes, I know that "Poned" is actually "Pwned." It was WORDPLAY.

    But actually, I didn't know that until Adam called me out on it. Who cares? It's a made up word, anyway.

    ReplyDelete